Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Reflection on Module 1

I'm Chris, one of the kindergarten teachers at St Kevins Eastwood. As well as being invovled in the Web 2 course I am also invovled in an ilearning project using Bee Bots with my class. The children are very excited.

Wow! where do I begin. Info overload. There is so much to discover and learn about the web. I am now more aware of the fact that we are palcing more things on the Web for others to see and use. The "Y" generation are certainly leading the way. But us oldies like myselfvalue our privacy and don't feel the need to tell all who will read what they are up to.
The videos in Module 1 were very user friendly and explained quite well the mystery surrounding Web2.

  • Web 2 - interactive/collaborative
  • Social networking, but what is wrong with actually meeting up with people and speaking to them face to face?
  • Duiscussion forum
  • Provides many educational resources
  • Concerns over privacy and reliability of sources. Definition - Web 2" A collective term for a set of powerful web based tools that provide many educational opportunities

1 comment:

  1. I am loving your Blog design Chris! Thanks for the yummy breakfast last week!! I wonder what Malinda has install for us this week!

    ReplyDelete