Wednesday, August 18, 2010

igoogle all the way Module 3

What an easy way to share work that needs to be done collaboratively! Once again I love the person behind the plain english videos we have been watching. He speaks at my level and if I am lucky I can follow it too.
I am very particular about sending things over the net, so I am very happy to know that google docs sends emails with secure links directly to the document.
It is also very impressive that a few people can be working on the one document and that all additions/revisions are there for each to see. All saved on the web.
I can see the advantages for older students to work with google docs as it encourages learning to happen at all hours of the day. It enables people to work together without being in the same room. saves on travel time alone.
The fact that this enables a wider audience to see the work makes the standard higher and the lessons more interactive. I would like to try this with other teachers when we are working for eg in SRI groups.
See ya, Chris

1 comment:

  1. Chris, google docs looks fantastic doesn't it? I'm looking forward to using it at work too, especially for reports! It would definitely make the whole process a lot easier! It also has lots of potential for classroom use too.

    ReplyDelete