Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Module 6 To Bubbl.us or Glogster
I found Bubbl.us an interesting and easy tool to use. It is a free tool and a great way to get what's inside your head down in a useable format . You are able to create mindmaps on line and therefore able to share and work with friends on line. You can also embed your mind map in your blog or website, email it, print it or save as an image. I love how it blows up when you delete the bubble!
I can certainly see its advantages when for example grade planning . I have found it very frustrating in that it can't be used at school, no access to flash!!! So there goes , at this point in time any chance to use it for grade planning next week.
I found using Glogster a great tool to use. I could see its use in the classroom, but I would be very worried about it being used by some as a form of cyber bullying. It creates an online poster or web page. You are able to combine text, pictures, graphics, video and audio to creat an interactive on line poster that can be embedded into a myclasses page, wiki or blog as I have done. A great way to while away the hours. After many unsucssessful attempts, I found it difficult to download my glog. One of the many frustrations of completing this course in a primary school.

1 comment:

  1. Chris I agree that bubbl.us is a useful tool. Good news - we now have an updated version of flash and you can now bubbl.us at school! It does take a little while to get used to the different action tools, but once you have mastered that it's easy to work it through.

    I was interested to read that you thought glogster could be used for cyber bullying. How do you think children would use it for that? Do you think they would post mean things about other children?

    Happy blogging!
    Carole

    ReplyDelete